Participate in the Peaceweek ‘young activists against LGTBIQ+phobia’ that will take place in Barcelona from the 18th to the 26th of November
The aim of the activity proposed is to strengthen the capacities of SCI and youth LGBTIQ+ organizations in order to contribute to more inclusive societies through the struggle for the rights of LGBTIQ+ people and the promotion of volunteering as a tool to erase hate speech towards LGBTIQ+ people.
In total, there will be a group of 22 young people from Catalonia, Switzerland, Germany, Palestine, Jordan, Serbia, Italy, Estonia, Ukraine, Madrid and Bulgaria.
– Create a safe space for the participants to strengthen their capacities.
– Get to know the realities of the different countries (institutional discriminations, violations of rights, LGBTIQ+ movement, resistance, alliances, asylum procedures).
– Exchange good practices.
– Get to know local projects.
– Promote volunteerism and active citizenship as tools of social transformation.
– Explore topics such as the connection between LGBTIQ+ communities and different groups/movements (feminists, sex workers, refugees/migrants).
– Explore the topics from a decolonial, anti racist perspective bringing to light different levels of discrimination and privileges.
The activity proposed has the form of a PeaceWeek, which is like a workcamp with an important part of study session. We are still designing the program and the more suitable topics to address. The topics will depend on the needs of the Gender Blenders Working Group.
Erasmus + project
This is a KA1 Erasmus+ project, which means that this project is financed by the European Comission. For this reason, all the food, visa, travel and accommodation expenses related to the project are covered. There is a budget for each participant depending on the country of origin. We will send you more information about it once it is prepared. It is important to keep all the tickets in order to make the reimbursement after the seminar.
Interested? Read the call for participants and write to your local branch!
If you have any doubt wrtite to firstname.lastname@example.org.