“ABCD: Art for Balanced and Cultural Diversity” tindrà lloc a Antwerp del 22 al 27 de juliol. Inscriu-te abans del 2 de juny!
During this 5-day training we will explore diverse meanings of cultural diversity and social inclusion and take a closer look at real-life examples and situations occurring in different contexts and countries. By the use of different art-tools we will try to find a way to raise awareness on the importance and value of diversity and social inclusion and promote it.
Aims of the training:
– Explore the topic of social inclusion and ensure a common understanding of its various aspects.
– Exchange existing approaches to cultural diversity and social inclusion.
– Open the discussion on cultural diversity and social inclusion in different contexts, especially those of the 9 participating countries.
– Empower youth workers with art-related tools, mainly visual and performance, to raise awareness on, promote and enhance social inclusion and cultural diversity.
– Give the youth workers the chance to experiment, exchange and cooperate with each other during the training and after.
The seminar is organized by SCI’s International Secretariat with support from the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union
The seminar will take place from July 22nd till 27th, and lasts 5 days. Participants’ arrival is foreseen on Monday, July 22, 2019 by 12 (noon). Departures will be on Saturday, July 27, 2019 after 12 (noon).
The event will be held in Belgium. The seminar venue is to be confirmed – it will be most likely in or around Antwerp.
The working methods used will be based on the principles of adult learning, creating a stress-free and motivating environment where the human brain has a full capacity to learn. All the methods will encourage active participation, creativity, initiative, and responsibility for one’s own learning process. We will focus on using backgrounds, experiences and opinions of participants, employing non-verbal tools and putting them in practice. The main tools will be visual and performance art, such as elements of theater.
The event will gather 27 participants – youth workers from 9 European countries: Belgium, Slovenia, Portugal, Spain, Hungary, Austria, Greece, Poland and Germany. We are looking for youth workers working with youth with fewer opportunities and/or who are working on awareness raising on cultural diversity and social inclusion. We want to welcome people who want to expand their horizon on the topic and learn and exchange new art-related tools to apply in their work.
Per a més informació pots descarregar la convocatòria completa aquí.
Si estàs interessat/ada pots inscriure’t a través d’aquest formulari i enviant un correu a firstname.lastname@example.org abans del 2 de juny.