L’Associació Velebit, a Cròacia, cerca voluntàries per donar suport al seu projecte durant 6 mesos. Inscriu-te abans el 10 d’octubre
Pots consultar la informació sobre programa de European Solidarityu Corps, entra aquí. Hi trobaràs tota la informació relacionada amb què és, qui hi pot participar i com. En aquests projectes podràs donar suport a la promoció del voluntariat internacional, la cohesió social i la participació amb tots els costos coberts.
Since 2002, Velebit Association Kuterevo has been running a Bear Refuge for orphan bears. These bears are attracting visitors from all around the world and through presenting Refuge to them, we also present volunteering and messages of kindness, peace and coexisting between people and nature. VUK has been hosting various voluntary activities, with more than 200 volunteers each year, where the volunteers invest their time and energy for the common idea of doing good, which is creating a better society step by step. Along individual volunteering, VUK is hosting EVS volunteers (both long- and shortterm), SCI workcamps, Youth Exchanges, German Red Cross, scouts groups…
Velebit Association Kuterevo is currently looking for 4 long term volunteers from both programme and partner Erasmus+ countries who are interested in exploring Kuterevo during 6 months. As this is the colder period of the year, the volunteers will have the opportunity to spend more time with the local community, help with the everyday tasks of Volunteers’ Station, documenting the village beauties, prepare activities for the coming year and welcome spring and awakening of Nature in Kuterevo.
The volunteers will learn about bears, natural cycles, nature conservation, but also basic Croatian language so they can communicate with the locals more easily.
Tasks/Activities during the Service
- Support the work of Velebit Association Kuterevo:
– Maintaining and fixing the facilities (paths, signs, enclosures, constructions)
– Taking care of animals
– Working with other volunteers
– Guiding visitors and engage in discussion with them about nature, wild animals, making change (it’s a great way to share positive ideas) – mostly in spring time
- Support the publication of Velebit Association Kuterevo
- Exploring UNECSO Man and Biosphere program, Velebit Nature Park; 2 National Parks in Velebit, the village of Kuterevo and its nature
- Creating educational activities and implementing them with others coming to the Refuge
- Documenting natural biodiversity in Velebit mountain:
– Wildlife and landscape research and documenting
– Searching for tracks and traces of animal life
- About biodiversity and nature
- About bears biology, mythology, ecology and protection
- Living in a small mountain community, learning to share
- Living with international volunteers; learning from each other; sharing; awareness about sustainability in everyday life
- Experience life in the Balkans with all its charms and challenges
- How to deal with problems and finding solutions