SCI Itàlia busca voluntàries per participar donant suport a la Città dell’Utopia, a Roma, durant un any! T’animes?
Per participar d’un voluntariat europeu cal tenir entre 18 i 30 anys. Són projectes finançats per la Unió Europea. Consulta les condicions i requisits en aquesta pàgina.
SCI Italy’s “La Città dell’Utopia” project started in 2003 and is located in San Paolo neighborhood (via Valeriano 3F – Rome), a popular suburban area inhabited mainly by elderly people, migrant families coming from Latin America, northeastern Europe, Asia and Africa, University students. The building hosts several informal groups and other associations working with/for transexual and transgender people, migrants, promoting sustainable means of transportation etc…
The main activities carried out in La Città dell’Utopia are as following:
• organizing and hosting of international workcamps, north/south trainings and international youth meetings;
• Organizing and carrying out raising awareness events;
• organizing conferences, meetings, festivals, photo exhibitions, thematic meals; courses of music, group dancing, language courses, gardening groups;
• organizing and supporting workshops on sustainable lifestyles such as recycling, composting, reduction in consumptions and renewable sources of energy, garbage recycling;
• promotion of participative forms of active citizenship.
Profile of the volunteers:
• have good command of English (both of them)
• have good command of Italian (at least one of the two volunteers)
• be able to work in a team
• have good communication skills and motivation to cooperate with colleagues and La Città dell’Utopia activists
• have good educational and social skills, to be able to work with several target groups
• motivated to learn and share knowledge and skills
• have good computer skills (Ubuntu or Microsoft Office, email, internet)
• have a responsible attitude and take initiative towards her/his tasks
• have administrative and organizational skills
• open mind and flexible attitude towards working hours
Activities proposed for the ESC volunteers:
The volunteers will be involved in the following activities, mainly at “La Città dell’Utopia”:
• supporting the coordination of the work of local and international volunteers (groups and individuals) in order to ensure the running of the planned schedule;
• helping in the elaboration and the organization of public cultural events and workshops on active citizenship, especially regarding the communication, logistic and operational levels;
• implementing the international dimension through the coordination of international exchanges, workcamps and seminars;
• supporting the communication tasks for disseminating activities taking place in La Città dell’Utopia;
• facilitating the social inclusion of refugees and asylum seekers that volunteer in La Città dell’Utopia.
Date and venue: Rome, 01.09.2019 – 31.08.2020
Project language: English, Italian
Local language: Italian
Travel costs: covered according Erasmus+ funding rules
Lodging: La Città dell’Utopia, double shared room in a flat with other international volunteers (up to four more)
Per a més informació pots descarregar aquí la convocatòria.
Si estàs interessada, envia el teu CV i carta de motivació en anglès responent les següents preguntes a firstname.lastname@example.org abans del 14 de juny.
• Why did you choose SCI Italia and this particular project?
• What do you expect to learn and experience during your EVS?
• What can you bring to the work of La Città dell’Utopia?