Participa al seminari “Gender Matters: Training for dealing with Gender-based conflicts in Volunteering Camps”, organitzat per SCI Suïssa, que tindrà lloc online del 23 al 29 de novembre
Per participar dels seminaris o formacions internacionals només cal que et facis sòcia de l’SCI Catalunya. Les despeses del transport i l’allotjament corren a càrrec del projecte
Background of the training
As research in SCI as part of the project “Gendered Realities” in 2019 has shown, we have a lot to do in terms of making our volunteering camps safer spaces in terms of gender and sexual orientation. Gender-based conflicts around gender stereotypes, distribution of care work and manual labour, sexual harassment as well as sexism, homophobia and transphobia exist and are common. Camp coordinators, camp organizers and local project hosts sometimes don’t feel equipped to handle these situations.
With this project, we would like to train people active in SCI branches and partner organisations to make their camps safer spaces. The training is targeted towards experienced camp coordinators, camp organizers, experienced local project hosts as well as staff from your organisations.
Participants will get both general training in how to handle gender-based conflicts as well as how to create safer spaces in camps. Some of the topics that we will address are roles and responsibilities in a volunteering camp, group dynamics, conflict management, care work in camps, gender and food, gender-based discrimination in camps and how to react, creating an exciting study part on gender based on non-formal education and inclusion of LGBTIQ participants.
All participants selected for this project must meet the following criteria
• be 18 years old or older
• have attended, coordinated and/or organized volunteering camps
• be able to work in English
• be interested in the training topics (gender and sexual orientation) and have a strong motivation to act as a multiplier
• commit to implement the learned knowledge and skills in practice in their sending organisation
• commit to actively participate from the beginning to the end of the training, no matter if it takes place online or offline in Switzerland