L’SCI Internacional està buscant una nova persona que s’encarregui de la coordinació del secretariat internacional. La plaça és a Antwerp, Bèlgica, i s’hi pot aplicar fins al 15 de setembre!
SCI is looking for a new International Coordinator to lead its International Secretariat located in Antwerp, Belgium. We are looking for someone with strong leadership and communication skills, intercultural experience, strategic thinking and interest to work in an international organisation with a mission to create a culture of peace.
Service Civil International (SCI) is one of the world’s oldest and largest international volunteering organisations. Since its establishment in 1920, SCI has been dedicated to promoting a culture of peace through international volunteerism. Through short and long-term volunteer exchanges, SCI helps to break down barriers and prejudices between people of different social, cultural and national backgrounds, and to create active citizens. SCI activities include volunteer placements across the globe, seminars and training courses with a focus on non-formal education methods, campaigns and events focused on peace, intercultural understanding and sustainable development. For more information on SCI’s activities and structure, please visit our website at www.sci.ngo.
The post is based in the International Secretariat of SCI in Antwerp, Belgium and is full-time (37,5 hrs/week) with an open-ended contract in line with Belgian legislation. The candidate must have legal right of employment in Belgium.
Main responsibilities of the International Coordinator:
- Manage the daily functions of the International Secretariat and cooperate with/coordinate the staff/office (4 full/part-time employees and 4 long-term volunteers)
- Coordinate and support the international movement through conference calls, joint initiatives and facilitation of discussions
- Support and cooperation with the international board (International Executive Committee)
- Act as a central point of contact internally/externally
- Monitoring/development/implementation of yearly plan of action and budget
- Organisation of international meetings, especially general assemblies of the movement (International Committee Meetings)
- Legal representation of the organisation, including administration
- Exploration of alternative funding streams and diversification of finances through funding applications
- Project management for both operational and project funding (currently largely EU funding), including implementation, collaborative grant writing and reporting
For more information, READ THE CALL HERE