Participa al camp d’estudi “Peace Builders/Peace messengers (1945-1990)” a Polònia del 27 de desembre al 4 de gener! Inscriu-te fins el 9 de desembre!
“Peace Builders/Peace messengers (1945-1990)” és el tercer seminari d’un projecte més ampli anomenat “Volunteering Vs Violence” liderat per la branca SCI Hellas (Grècia) i en col·laboració amb SCI Itàlia, OWA Poland i SCI Catalunya. El seminari tindrà lloc a Polònia des del 27 de desembre fins el 4 de gener de 2019.
Per participar només cal que siguis soci/a de l’SCI.
SCI Hellas, as coordinating organization, along with SCI Catalunya, SCI Italy, and OWA Poland, as partner organizations, are happy to announce the implementation of three study camps on the impact international volunteering has had throughout the years. The project is called “Volunteering vs Violence” and aims to give the participants all the tools necessary to understand the relevance of international volunteering, especially in times of conflict or change. Given the various locations, each camp will have different activities and will focus on a different time frame: from 1920 to 1945 for Catalunya, 1945-1989 for Italy, and 1989-nowadays for Poland. After the implementation of the study camps, a final conference will be held in Athens in March 2019 to present, share, and discuss the results of the project.
Our study camp will concentrate on 3 main actions:
Start: volunteers experiences and stories
● The idea is to speak about building a climate for peace on base of everyday communication with people and on participation in workcamps or other voluntary projects. We would like to use rules of Non-violent Communication to answer questions like: what supports peace (which actions, words, attitudes) and how it corresponds to SCI values.
● We also would like to go from an individual experience (biographical approach) to general conclusions about the subject of SCI/workcamps voluntary specification and their contribution to peace building. We wish to discuss system of values that is close to SCI
volunteers and motivate us to be in the movement (us as younger and older volunteers and as such a different people). In this part we wish to answer question: what does connect us? These will also admission to interviews with the most experiences volunteers – people who started the Polish branch.
● We will have a chance a to look into SCI Poland archives (1990-today) as well as we will meet experienced volunteers. We believe everyone has something to say, something what is worth for others to hear.
● AND we are going to celebrate the New Year Eve together – we have some nice surprises for you
Participants must be over 18 and everybody from the 28 EU member states plus Albania, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Bosnia Herzegovina is welcomed to apply.
As the ideal participant you should:
– Be interested in Volunteering and have some knowledge on this topic;
– Come from one of the above-mentioned project countries;
– Be able to communicate well and work in English;
– With minimum age 18 (no maximum age);
This project is taking place within the framework of Europe for Citizens, Strad 1, Remembrance.
When and Where
Poznan, Poland December 2018-January 2019
The food and accommodation of the participants will be fully covered. Reimbursement of the travel tickets will be up to 120 euros. No application fee needs to be paid by the applicants. We encourage you to use environmentally friendly transport (bus, train, car sharing) when possible.
How to apply
Please, fill in the online application available here: VvV Poland application
Si tens dubtes pots contactar amb nosaltres a email@example.com. Inscriu-te abans del 9 de desembre!