Participa en el training sobre antimilitarisme ‘Utopias Against War’ que tindrà lloc a Roma del 16 al 22 d’abril!
Per participar dels trainings o formacions internacionals només cal que et facis sòcia de l’SCI Catalunya. Les despeses del transport i l’allotjament corren a càrrec del projecte.
The Association of Service Civil International (SCI) is opening applications for an in-person 7-day seminar (including arrival and departure days). The seminar will be hosted by SCI Italy with financial support from the Council of Europe’s European Youth Foundation and the CERV Programme of the European Union. The seminar aims to connect 24 (future) peace educators and peace activists in an open and supportive platform, empowering them to imagine a future without war, to exchange ideas and boost their capacities to plan and implement successful local and international projects against war and militarism. The
seminar will be based on principles of non-formal education which are participatory and dynamic.
Background of the project
The last year saw the escalation of war in Europe and around the world. People all across the world – be it in Ukraine, Armenia, Yemen, Palestine, Syria, Tigray, Myanmar or many other places – suffer under war and military occupation and its devastating consequences. And even political decision-makers in supposedly peaceful countries decide to fuel militarism by exporting weapons, investing in nuclear weapons and making trade deals with aggressors. With the climate crisis becoming worse, the world seems to be going in a dystopian direction. We feel powerless, angry and anxious when thinking about the future. Imagining a future without war and militarism – and getting active for it. With this seminar, we want to empower ourselves by starting to imagine a future that is peaceful. We want to discuss what such a future could be like from the perspectives of young people from different European realities. We will address urgent and important questions (such as nuclear disarmament, military-industrial complex, masculinities and militarism,
etc.) and offer young people the space and tools to stand up for peace.
1. To explore the topic of (anti)militarism, increase understanding of the systems and their effects;
2. To brainstorm and collect pacifist possibilities and alternatives to militarism;
3. To build the knowledge basis and support system for future local or virtual action.
● are (ideally) age 18-30;
● can express themselves in (basic) English;
● are resident in a Council of Europe Member State;
● can potentially also participate in the second training “Strategies Against War” in Vienna, 25 June – 2 July 2023;
● are/ want to become active in the field of antimilitarist education or antimilitarist activism in their communities or at the international level;
● want to build/ expand their international peer network;
● are motivated to bring forward their ideas and initiate peace projects in the future.
FOR MORE INFORMATION READ THE CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
When: 16-22 April 2023
Where: Rome, Italy
Deadline to apply: as soon as possible!
Interested? Send an email to email@example.com now!