Aquest seminari sobre mobilitat sostenible serà del 6 al 13 de març a Innsbruck, Àustria
Per participar dels seminaris o formacions internacionals només cal que et facis sòcia de l’SCI Catalunya. Les despeses del transport i l’allotjament corren a càrrec del projecte
International peace and volunteer work is rooted in face-to-face exchange of people from different regions and backgrounds. Regular trainings, seminars and volunteer camps where youth workers and young people can exchange experiences and ideas, form the basis of this. The need for personal exchange comes along with a greater need for travel and transportation.
Currently, many of the travel distances are covered by airplane. This contributes massively to the climate crisis and to increasing social inequality. Besides, the restrictions imposed by COVID19 have forced us to take a more urgent look at alternative forms of mobility. Among all the challenges, this also offers an opportunity to reflect on lessons learned regarding mobility in international peace work during the pandemic.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
This call is part of a project which consists of four parts. Now they are looking for applications and participants for the second activity of the project, the “Landing and Spreading” seminar near to Innsbruck. There, participans will discuss more topics connected to global sustainable mobility, such as e.g. gender and mobility.
Part of the seminar will be to discuss the outcomes of the ‘On the Move’ period and to gather more information for a toolkit on sustainable mobility for volunteering organisations. The toolkit will be developed at this seminar. The seminar also gives space to connect to other international organisations and get information about their ways of sustainable travel.
- Local and global impacts of global mobility on resources, climate change and social justice
- Structures behind global mobility (acceleration, economic growth, global inequalities)
- Economic and political approaches to sustainable global mobility and their critique
- Peace work, mobility and its climate impacts
- Approaches to a more climate-friendly peace work, lessons learnt from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Ideas/inspiration for local workshops and new projects including Project Management
- Travel Policies of different international organisations
Everyone who comes to this seminar should…
- be vaccinated against Covid 19 or recovered (obligation)
- ideally be an active member and be involved in the process and decision structures of their sending organisation
- have experience in international peace work
- allow time and ideas for both the seminar and the finalisation phase
- ideally be motivated to participate actively in the production of the outputs
- be committed to abstain from flying and travel to the events via overland route instead
- bring ideas for own workshops
- have sufficient English language skills (spoken and written)
- be committed to spreading their new skills and competences to their sending branches/organisation, e.g. via a workshop or a camp coordinator training
If you need more information, READ THE CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS.
When: 6th to 13th of March
Where: Innsburck, Àustria
Deadline to apply: Apply now!
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org now!