El seminari tindrà lloc a Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia, del 17 al 23 d'Agost!
The seminar- training “Social diplomacy – the field where YOUth has real power” is aimed on raising awareness about social diplomacy approach towards the international youth work and peace building projects.
The main aim of the project is to encourage young people involved in the international youth work and volunteering to develop projects in the field of social diplomacy and peace building through raising their awareness about social diplomacy approach towards the international youth work.
In order to achieve this aim we are going to implement following objectives:
1. To raise awareness about social diplomacy itself: definition, actors, publics, means and goals.
2. To reflect about the role of international voluntary youth organizations in social diplomacy and peace building process.
3. To provide participants with the set of necessary competences and skills related to the topic of social diplomacy and peace building: non-violent communication, conflict transformation, work and leadership in multicultural groups, effective communication skills in the international reality, stereotypes and prejudices.
4. To share the best practices of youth organizations in social diplomacy and peace building.
5. To build up the network of young people and youth organizations who are interested to develop cooperation in the field of social diplomacy and peace building projects.
6. To develop the idea of the International campaign “YOUth is the power” among young people – participants of the international youth projects to promote mutual understanding, tolerance and peace building.
7. To create the tool-kit for youth workers “Social diplomacy approach in youth work” with the set of practical materials and methods based on social diplomacy approach (understanding own culture, tolerance to another culture, mutual understanding and common actions) and to be used by involved organizations and their partners for further cultural preparation of young people going abroad to participate in youth social/volunteering projects: international voluntary workcamps, youth exchanges, European Voluntary Service.
Profile of participants
We expect to receive from our partner organizations the participants with following profile:
1. Youth workers from 18 years old who are involved in daily activity of partner organizations and are interested in the topic of social diplomacy and peace.
2. Participants who wish to develop a multiplier effect after the training.
3. Participants who are ready and wish to develop cooperation in the field of peace building projects.
4. Participants who are able to attend training in English.
5. Participants who have skills in project management and implementing international youth projects.
6. Participant who have experience in working with international groups.
Financial aspects of the project
The Programme covers:
– 100% of accommodation, food and trainings materials,
– 65% of travel costs (the limit for buying tickets is 350 euro)
– 35 % of the travel costs,
– Extra fee -60 euro,
– visa and insurance expenses.
If you are interested send an email with your motivation letter and a copy of your pasport to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline 15th of July