Participa al training que acredita el Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC). Inscriu-t’hi ja!
Per participar dels seminaris o formacions internacionals només cal que et facis sòcia de l’SCI Catalunya.
GAIA Kosovo is inviting you to apply for a Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) course which will take place in Kosovo, in Bozevce village.
About the project
The Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) course is a 72-hour training experience. Participants who complete the full curriculum earn the internationally recognized PDC. It provides an introduction to permaculture design as set forth by the movement’s co-founder Bill Mollison.
The course covers sustainable living systems for a wide variety of landscapes and climates. It includes the application of permaculture principles to food production, home design & construction, energy conservation and generation, and explores the social and economic structures that support a culture that cares for the planet and all its inhabitants.
The training will take place in Bozevce village, where GAIA is developing an educational program for permaculture and natural building. The place is still under (natural) construction, thus it represents a good example of a place which is being built with the help of international and local volunteers, experts and friends.
Main topics of this course
- The state of society and the environment, and what is permaculture
- Permaculture ethics and principles
- Soil analysis and soil quality improvement, composting, composting teas, malching
- Reading landscapes, plant communities and succession
- Growing of food in permaculture – gardening, farms, forest gardens, animals
- Water – water in the landscape, water collection, purification and recycling of wastewater
- Energy in permaculture – efficiency and simple passive technology, and renewable solutions (sun, wind, biomass …)
- Sustainable construction – efficient construction of natural materials
- Permaculture movement
- Social permaculture
- Permaculture design techniques
- Practical design exercise – the last three days of the course, the participants create a permaculture design for the projects of their choice
Permaculture integrates land, resources, people and the environment through mutually beneficial synergies – imitating the no-waste, closed-loop systems seen in diverse natural systems. Permaculture studies and applies holistic solutions that are applicable in rural and urban contexts at any scale.
- Youth workers, peace activists, staff and members of 3PEAS partner organizations or their local groups,
- Very interested in permaculture, but
- Very interested in building a just and fair society,
- Motivated to organize follow up activities,
- Ready to get out of their comfort zone, to share the living space with at least 15 other people from different countries,
- Ready and willing to share daily tasks for house maintaining,
- Ready to travel by environmentally friendly means of transport and to eat environmentally friendly food for 12 days without complaining – vegan and vegetarian,
- Not interested in just another training course, travel to Kosovo, having just another point in their CV and similar, 18 or more years old
If you need more information, READ THE CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS.
When: 5th to 18th of November
Deadline to apply: apply now!
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org now!