El training MOVE – Mobility of Volunteering? Eco-friendly! – tractarà sobre la mobilitat sostenible en el voluntariat. Del 12 al 19 de setembre!
Per participar dels seminaris o formacions internacionals només cal que et facis sòcia de l’SCI Catalunya.
International peace and volunteer work is rooted in face-to-face exchange of people from different regions and backgrounds. Regular trainings, seminars and volunteer camps, where youth workers and young people can exchange experiences and ideas, form the basis of this. The need for personal exchange comes along with a greater need for travel and transportation.
Currently, many of the travel distances are covered by air plane. This contributes massively to the climate crisis and to increasing social inequality. Besides, the restrictions imposed by COVID19 have forced us to take a more urgent look at alternative forms of mobility. Among all the challenges, this also offers an opportunity to reflect on lessons learned regarding mobility in international peace work during the pandemic.
Project M.O.V.E. makes mobility a peace issue and considers the acute need to raise awareness and to promote critical reflection of current mobility choices in international volunteer projects and peace activities.
- Understand the link between (global) mobility, climate justice and international peace work
- Empower and train active volunteers, camp coordinators and seminar facilitators to advocate for sustainable means of transportation and implement local actions with their sending organisation
- Enhance networking capabilities, create and share tools and ideas for local activism and campaigning
- Initiate structural change regarding mobility within SCI and partners
- Local and global impacts of global mobility on resources, climate change and social justice
- Structures behind global mobility (acceleration, economic growth, global inequalities)
- Economic and political approaches to a sustainable global mobility and their critique
- Personal involvement in global mobility
- Peace work, mobility and its climate impacts
- Approaches to a more climate-friendly peace work, lessons learnt from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Ideas/inspirations for local workshops
If you need more information, READ THE CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS.
When: 12th to 19th of September
Deadline to apply: apply before the 1st of August
Interested? send your CV and mottivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org now!