El training ‘Youth Green Deal’ formarà a coordinadores en temes de lideratge juvenil i eco-voluntariat i serà a Tunísia del 22 al 29 de març
Per participar dels seminaris o formacions internacionals només cal que et facis sòcia de l’SCI Catalunya. Les despeses del transport i l’allotjament corren a càrrec del projecte
Youth Green Deal will be a training will bring together 22 participants from 8 different countries who will deepen their knowledge about eco-volunteering (or setting up international voluntary service projects combining study sessions on environmental issues and practical hands-on work) and practice their skills to be a group leader in an eco-volunteering project.
Some of the participants will accompany a group of young volunteers who will take part in the planned youth exchanges over summer and others will conduct some workshops in their own organisation on the topics dealt with in the training.
Workcamps and youth exchanges focusing on eco-volunteering are central in this project. This training will focus on the knowledge, skills and attitudes that youth leaders in this kind of activities need. The training will use non formal education methods and experiential learning which is based on reflection linked to practical experiences and/or learning by doing. An active participation of all participants is expected in the preparation phase, the face-to-face training in Tunisia and the follow-up activities.
The working language will be English. The facilitators will guide the process and accompany the participants in the learning process but it is up to all participants to bring in their expertise, to leave their comfort zone and to make the most out of this journey!
- Have an interest in being a camp leader or a group leader for the planned youth exchanges in 2022
- Have an interest in Mediterranean identity and cooperation
- Have experience with international voluntary work (ideally having participated in, or coordinated a workcamp and/or actively involved in setting up international voluntary projects in their organisation)
- Have experience in working with intercultural groups and being open-minded
- Have an interest in environmental issues (water, food sovereignty, soil regeneration, etc.)
- Have a good command of English (at least level B1) as this is essential to participate actively in the training which will be run in English (speaking French and/or Arabic is an advantage)
- Commit to participate in the full duration of the training.
- Are motivated to develop workshops in their own organisation in 2022 on the topics tackled in the project as a follow-up of the training course
- Are ready to do some preparatory tasks (online questionnaire, bring good examples or materials from your own organisation on the topics of the training) and participate actively in the training
- Be fully vaccinated (2 doses + 14 days since the second one) and be willing to take a mandatory PCR-test within 48 hours before arrival in Tunisia in accordance with current COVID-19 restrictions in Tunisia.
There is no strict age limit but we encourage young people (under 30) to apply as the training wants to give space to young people to develop leadership skills.
If you need more information, READ THE CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS.
When: 22th to 29th of March
Where: Chenini, Tunisia
Deadline to apply: 15th of February
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org now!