Participa al training online ‘Improve Skills And Knowledge In The Field Of Volunteering In Conflict Areas’ el 4, 11, 18, 24 de juny i 2 de juliol. Inscriu-t’hi ara!
Per participar dels seminaris o formacions internacionals només cal que et facis sòcia de l’SCI Catalunya.
The Raising Peace Campaign aims at strengthening and improving the visibility of the role of the International Voluntary Service movement in the construction of Peace and Human Rights, through raising awareness, training activists and making advocacy and networking. In the framework of the Campaign, CCIVS proposes an online Training Course focused on volunteering
in conflict areas, featuring the following innovative elements:
– the presence of 2 experts from the Centre for Trust Peace and Social Relations (CTPSR) of the University of Coventry and the University of Leicester;
– the presence of a graphic harvester, who will accompany the group during a day of the course to provide graphic facilitation and production;
– interactive and creative non-formal education methods, proposed by 2 experienced trainers from the International Voluntary Service (IVS) movement, who will present contents focused on the history of the IVS movement and the impact of IVS workcamps and projects in peace-building, in the past and now;
– an online platform accessible to the participants, which will contain additional contents, reading material, homework and learning resources.
The course consists of 5 online sessions (all hours are CEST, Paris Time):
1) Friday, 4 June, from 14:00 to 15:30 – Introductory session, presentation of the programme, getting-to-know-each-other, team building.
2) Friday, 11 June, from 14:00 to 16:00 – Definition of key concepts: peace, conflict, volunteering in conflict areas; The IVS approach: history and study cases; why volunteering in conflict areas today?
3) Friday, 18 June, from 14:00 to 16:00 – Conflict theories; Challenges of intercultural communication; Code of conduct when volunteering in conflict areas; Mapping skills and competences for volunteers and peacebuilders; Volunteering in conflict areas in action: real scenarios.
4) Thursday, 24 June, from 14:00 to 16:00 – Gendered Peacebuilding, Gender in Conflict studies, Gender and post-conflict reconstruction; Emotional dimension of project in conflict areas; Constructive engagement with communities and stakeholders [featuring experts of the CTPSR and the University of Leicester!]
5) Friday, 2 July, from 14:00 to 16:00 – Presentation of IVS Non-formal Education tools to be used in Peace projects; Working on the Toolkit: group work to update the contents and visibility of the 2008 Toolkit on Conflict and Volunteering: How to deal constructively with conflicts in relation to international voluntary service; Final evaluation of the online training.
If you need more information, READ THE CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
When: 4th, 11th, 18th, 24th of June and 2nd of july from 2 to 4 pm CEST
Deadline to apply: apply now!
Interested? Write to email@example.com now!