Period: 1 February 2015 – 31 September 2015 (exact dates to be confirmed)
N vols: 2 (1 already selected)
Location: Rome, SCI Office
Project language: English and Italian
Local language: Italian
Pocket money: 300 euro (for food, transport expenses, pocket money)
Accommodation: Double room in a flat with other volunteers (www.lacittadellutopia.it)
Deadline for applications to be sent to the sending organization: 12nd February 2015
The Service Civil International aims at developing solidarity and promoting tolerance between people, encouraging and supporting participation of youngsters in voluntary activities, both inside and outside the European Union.
For this reason, SCI organizes activities and campaigns for the promotion of peace, international solidarity and mutual understanding; besides workcamps and long term voluntary projects. Activities organized by SCI, both at the international and local level, are coordinated by the National Secretary of SCI, which headquarter is located in Roma (via Cruto 43, Municipality Roma XV). The area is well linked to the city center and to other areas through public transportation (metro and buses).
The National Secretary represents the reference point for SCI activities, but also for activists and volunteers who promote philosophy and projects of the Association.
Volunteers will develop their program mainly in the headquarter of SCI Italy, with the supervision and follow up of SCI Staff.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROPOSED EVS PROJECT:
– to involve European volunteers in the promotion of international voluntarism as a practice of active citizenship, intercultural education and personal and social growth;
– to spread news about the initiatives organized in Italy in order to promote the exchange and the intercultural respect, and to arouse interest in youngsters in actions which stimulate international solidarity;
– to give to volunteers the chance of actively participate in the implementation and development of a specific project, which constitutes an opportunity of individual growth;
– to strengthen, throughout team work and confrontation, the mutual comprehension between youngsters of different Countries.
VOLUNTEERS WILL BE INVOLVED IN THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
The two volunteers will be involved in the following activities, mainly at SCI-office:
a) to support the placement in the workcamps season;
b) to promote international volunteering through information and emails;
c) to support the trainings of youngsters organized by SCI Italy;
d) to organize awareness-raising events on the theme of international voluntarism as a way of education to tolerance and inter-culture.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
Reliable, communicative and very motivated volunteers. It's very important that each volunteer is used to working in a team, that he/she is sociable, has a sense of humour, is flexible in different situations (e.g.: to propose/invent some additional activities in a time when there won't be any other specific activities on the agenda and prepared to give an extra hand in a period full of current activities.). At least a basic knowledge of italian language is required.
TO APPLY WE ASK YOU TO SEND:
– your CV
– motivation letter (explaining the reasons why you would like to be a volunteer in this project) to email@example.com