“Youth4Remembrance” és el títol del seminari que tindrà lloc del 31 d’octubre al 6 de novembre a Kagel (Alemanya). Inscriu-te abans de l’1 d’octubre!
Per participar dels seminaris o formacions internacionals només cal que et facis sòcia de l’SCI Catalunya. Les despeses del transport i l’allotjament corren a càrrec del projecte
Background of the project
In times of right-wing populism and neo-fascism rising to the political mainstream in Europe, it is important to remember our past and to learn from the mistakes our ancestors have done. We need to remember war, racism, colonialism and authoritarian regimes in our own past in order to recognize that they should forever stay and become concepts of the past rather than the present and future. However, the generations that have witnessed for example National Socialism, Colonialism and the wars of the past are slowly disappearing. This means that young people themselves nowadays need to find new approaches of doing remembrance and answer, how can remembrance help to deal with the challenges of the present and what are challenging topics of today (right wing movement, climate justice crisis). And peace and remembrance organisations need to find new approaches of reaching young people, in order to promote this.
The seminar will take place in the education centre “Zebra Kagel”: https://zebrakagel.de/index.php/de/
It is located in a beautiful area of forest and nature, near a big lake, around 35 km east of Berlin.
With this method-focused and hands-on seminar, we aim to:
• Share non-formal education methods, best practices and awareness-raising methods for
◦ making young people interested in remembrance
◦ developing their skills in critical analysis of history and its connections to the present
◦ enabling them to increase their active citizenship around remembrance
• Training peace and remembrance organisations in using online approaches in addition to their offline peace and remembrance work (e.g. by doing Wikipedia projects around remembrance or podcasts)
• Training organisations focused on social media in working with remembrance
We will exchange experiences and have training on the following topics: Culture of remembrance, Anti-militarism, Critical thinking and reflection on history, Practices of remembrance and commemoration of the past, Anti-racism, Colonialism.
You can read all the information in the call.
If you are interested, you should write to firstname.lastname@example.org sending the application form.